- Engage Ghanaian talents in ICT, electronic and related areas both local and diaspora in the development of world class ICT solutions, electronic products and services.
- Deliver leading ICT consultancy and advisory services to support both public and private sector.
- Develop and apply research and innovative technologies for socio-economic development in the line with ICT4D policy implementation.
- Advocate on ICT agendas and Open Systems.
- Collaborate with relevant institutions to Expand the frontiers of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Evolve technology solutions through architectures, systems and standards for the nationally important problems.
- Achieve rapid and effective spread of knowledge by overcoming language barriers through application of technologies.
- Share experience and know-how to help build advanced competence in the areas of training and capacity building in Electronics and Information Communication Technology (through training).
- Bring benefits of Electronics and Information Communication Technology to society.
- Utilize the Intellectual Property generated by converting it to business opportunities.
- Promote and develop the entrepreneurial, capacity and skills of AITI staff.
- To become a center of excellence in capacity building, R&I for the design, development and deployment of world class ICT and electronic solutions for individual and institutional advancement.
KEY VALUES/ MANTRA
- Customer/client focused products and services.
- Mantra: developers of Infopreneurs (information entrepreneurs).
LEADING INNOVATION IN TEACHING & LEARNING
The Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT (AITI-KACE), Ghana’s first Advanced Information Technology Institute works to stimulate the growth of the ICT Sector in ECOWAS. Established in 2003, through a partnership between the Government of Ghana and the Government of India, this state-of-the-art facility provides a dynamic environment for innovation, teaching and learning as well as practical research on the application of ICT4D in Africa.
WHO WE ARE
AITI-KACE has a world of professionals who are committed to the free flow of knowledge and the use of technology to develop human resources required for the development of Ghana and Africa through ICT training. With a staff of about 35 from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, AITI-KACE is made up of a dynamic team of dedicated IT professionals with a wide-range of technological skills and expertise. We provide equal opportunities irrespective of gender and it must be noted that projects such as i2Cap and Project Kane, a youth-driven project using ICT as an innovating tool in education to name a few, were coordinated by women.
AITI-KACE as an ICT capacity building centre has mastered the art of training students in software development as a composite process involving planning, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance. AITI-KACE believes in one size does-not-fit-all approach of software development training. For that reason, our training focuses on personal creativity and dynamism to bring out the potential of each and every student.
Core competencies include:
- Students exposure to real life environment facilitates individual logical creativity as well as collective team objective.
- Students experience full software development life-cycle in a controlled environment.
- Students training in critical leadership roles side by side their regular technical training.