This course will provide a participant with a specialized real-time skills and competences in safeguarding IT infrastructures against the threat of cybercrime to meet the expectations of an organization. The increased internet penetration has given exponential rise in sophisticated attacks on Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and attackers are gaining access to sensitive organizational information like credit card details and other financial transactional information. This course will give a participant the requisite security preventive tools and techniques to make IT infrastructure more resilient against cyber threats to information systems.
By the end of this course, a participant should be able to:
- Appreciate and explain the Network and e-Security concepts & terminology.
- Understand different types of Cyber Attacks and their impacts.
- Prevent attacks and other threats in a network or Internetwork.
- Appreciate and conduct vulnerabilities in existing networking infrastructure
- Facilitate secured communication using Cryptography.
- Facilitate network security using security methods.
The following modules will be covered in this specialized course:
- COMPUTER NETWORKING FUNDAMENTALS
- Networking Basics, OSI Model, TCP/IP Headers, TCP Flags, IP Addressing,
- Basic Network Devices, Subnet & Supernet, Domain Name System (DNS), UDP
- Header and ICMP Message, ARP Process, Routing process and Routing tables,
- Access Control lists, System Administration tools.
- Some of the topics to be treated includes:
- Introduction to Cyber Attacks, Impact of Cyber Attacks,
- Types of Cyber Attacks, Malwares, Password Attacks,
- DDos Attacks (Distributed Denial of Service Attacks),
- Pop-Ups, Software Updates, Public Unsecured Wi-Fi Network Attacks,
- Phishing Scams, Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Man-in-Middle Attacks,
- Eavesdropping, Session Hijacking, Social Engineering,
- Prevention of Cyber Attacks, Basic Security Tips, How to Deal with Cyber Attack
3.CYBER SECURITY METHODS
- Perimeter Security Fundamentals, Administration and Security,
- Linux Commands, Network Monitoring, Packet Crafting,
- PCAP (Packet) Capturing, Iptables, Antivirus and Firewalls,
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS),
- Signature Generation, Vulnerability Assessment, Attacks (Test Cases)
- Understand Basic Encryption Concepts, Attacks Against Encryption, Understand Private Key Encryption, Understand Public Key Encryption
- Cryptography Fundamentals, Symmetric Key Encryption Algorithms
- Data Encryption Standard (DES) & Tripple DES, Blowfish
- AES (Rijndael), Public Key Algorithms, Diffie–Hellman Exponential Key Exchange, RSA, Cryptographic issues, Secure Hash Functions, Digital Signatures, PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Penetration Tester/Ethical Hacker
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- BSc. Computer Science degree holders
- BSc Computer Engineering degree holders
- IT working professionals in network infrastructure environment
- Diploma in Business Computing (DBC)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Individuals with passion for cybersecurity knowledge with some knowledge of Programming and Networking
- Professionals working in the Financial sector, security services, Ministries and Departments, NGOs
MODE OF DELIVERY: Hybrid - face to face instructor-led training/online
DURATION: 80 hours
SESSIONS: Evening: 5.30pm – 8pm, Weekend: 8am – 4pm
COURSE FEES: 2,000
REGISTRATION FEES: 80