ACCRA +233 556 660 355 SUNYANI +233 201 505 489 BOLGATANGA +233 201 505 407
Network and Information Security (NIS)
The module will equip participants with modern techniques to secure any kind of network and network-accessible resources from unauthorized access, misuse, modification or denial of service. This practical course is based on the CIA triad model (confidentiality, integrity and availability) to achieve security in both wired and wireless networks against insiders and intruders.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Setup and configure Linux services including SSH, DNS, and FTP.
- Apply Cryptography in securing data.
- Perform network and web application scans to identify to identify vulnerabilities.
- Pentest a wireless network for vulnerabilities.
- Deploy an intrusion detection and prevention system.
- Deploy Linux Iptables firewall.
- WAN Concepts
- Point to Point Connections
- Branch Connecting
- Access Control Lists
- Networks Security & Monitoring
- Quality of Service
- Network Evolution
- Network Troubleshooting
- Info Security Fundamentals
- Addressing Treats
- Backdoor Virus & Worms
- Intro to Linux Operating Systems
- Password Cracking
- Web Servers & Web Applications
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Firewalls Honey Pots
- Hacking Cycles
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Secure Networks Protocols
- Network Attacks
- Bastion Hosts & DMZ
- Proxy Servers
- Virtual Private Networks
- Wireless Networks
- Network or Network Security Engineer,
- Information Security,
- Security Operation Center Engineer,
- Network or Network Support Engineer,
- Network Operations Engineer,
- Network Administrator,
- Sales Engineer/Virtual Account Manager
- University graduates, Network administrators, Network managers
- WASSCE or equivalent plus Certificate in Software Development (CSD), ITN, SRWE, ENSA, CCNA
DURATION: 4 weeks (150 hours).
SESSIONS: Mon – Fri (Evenings) 5.30pm – 8.00pm.
MODE OF DELIVERY: Hybrid – face to face hands on instructor-led training/online.
COURSE FEES: GHS 2,200.
REGISTRATION FEES: GHS 80.