Reports have shown that the annual cost of global cybercrime is expected to reach six (6) trillion US dollars by 2021(Cybersecurity Ventures Report,2017). This proves how expedient it is for corporate organizations to equip staff to be aware of the risk and threats that menace the security in the cyberspace and to know the countermeasures to defend such attacks.
The objective of the training is to equip participants with the techniques needed to protect unsecure networks, applications and systems. The training will also equip participants on how to assess and identify vulnerabilities on networks and in applications. Participants will learn various defensive mechanisms to secure company networks and critical applications.
- Eight Full Days:
- Eight Saturdays
- 16 week-evenings (3.5hr/night)
Topics to be covered
- Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure: Including email encryption, disk encryption, etc.
- Identifying Vulnerabilities
- Network reconnaissance and vulnerability assessment
- Assessment of web servers and Web applications
- Exploitation, attack vectors and system owning techniques
- Network defence: Firewall, Honeypots, Proxy servers, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS and IPS), DMZ and Bastion Host
- Web application firewalls (WAF)
- Hardening Linux servers.
- Network administrators
- Systems administrators
- Database administrators
- System integrators
- Desktop support assistants
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- IT security Engineer
- Penetration Tester
- IT Security Consultant, etc.
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology / Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Computer Networking OR 1-2 years’ experience in System or Network Administration
- Certification in any of the following: CCNA, Comptia Network +, MCSE ,MCITP or Comptia Linux+
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 56hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self