+233 302 679 542-5 / +233 556 660 355
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position at the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT (AITI-KACE), to support the expansion of the Centre. Applicants should have strong skills in communication and computing, and must also be team player.
Job Title: Director of Research
Reports directly to: Director-General
- Research Associates
- Software Development Team
- Software Quality Assurance Team
- National Service Personnel/NABCO Personnel/Interns
Job Purpose The role of the Director of Research (DoR) is primarily to develop research proposals and raise funds to implement the AITI-KACE research agenda, strategy and programmes/projects; working in collaboration with the Centre's research team.
Performance Measures Performance would be assessed in relation to achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), key tasks and competencies.
Key Result Areas
3.1 Research Capacity, Agenda and Strategy Working in collaboration with the research team and co-opting faculty and lead persons of collaborating institutions, implement a research agenda, strategy and programmes for the Centre.
- Key Tasks
- Develops research proposals, and supporting proposals to solicit research grants to implement the AITI-KACE research agenda.
- Identifies and establishes research collaboration relationship with industry and appropriate local and international research institutions and organizations.
- Works in partnership with the industry partners (private sector) and collaborating institutions, undertakes a range of research capacity building training and programs to increase the capacity of the AITI-KACE research team to undertake cutting edge research that would contribute effectively to national development goals.
- Taking cognisance of national development goals, identifies current state of research and gaps for the purpose of mapping out a research agenda and strategy for the Centre
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Develop and maintain Software Quality Assurance department
To develop and maintain an ISO certified Software Quality Assurance department.
- Ensure that QA test documentation, policies and procedures are maintained, are auditable, and meet the requirements.
- Identify and implement relevant metrics to gauge the effectiveness of QA test efforts and coverage, and the success and efficiency of automation efforts.
- Drive QA efficiency improvements and tighten testing shortfalls.
- Design, manage and maintain all Quality Assurance practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics. Lead the design and implementation of testing frameworks, test infrastructure and tools
- Identifies related policy and national development issues
Provides research assistance to faculty and collaborators.
- Develops proposals to solicit research grants to support research at the Centre.
- Develops structural capital to guide research at the Centre, focusing on documentation of principles and procedures.
- Helps in carrying out all research using various software tools and packages.
- Provides input into research project design and problem solving process.
- Works as part of a team to complete research tasks.
- Assigns duties to and monitors activities of team members to ensure achievement of performance standards.
- Identifies the training needs of immediate team members and organizes or recommends appropriate training for them.
- Assesses the performance of team members and reviews assessments for lower level employees.
- Administers discipline affecting immediate team members in accordance with the Centre's disciplinary code and procedure.
- Departmental Relations
Maintains consultative and advisory relations with all departments on research issues.
- External Relations
Maintains regular contacts with the research arms of collaborating institutions
- Educational Qualification
- Minimum MSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or allied disciplines.
- 10-15 years working experience in a research environment.
- Ability to oversee and direct research, information research, software development, documentation and publication of research findings.
- Ability to review and analyse proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Ability to evaluate feasibility of proposals submitted to management for consideration and allocation of funds.
- Ability to develop bankable research proposals.
- Project Management expertise for planning, preparation and monitoring of projects, such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to establish objectives and targets; Ability to design realistic plans using strategic goals.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to explore and understand trends, opportunities and risks that could affect services, programmes and functional areas or jobs.
- Controlling: Ability to routinely monitor departmental costs and control budget.
- Controlling:Ability to routinely monitor departmental costs and control budget.
- Operationalised and maintain research AITI-KACE facilities over the country.
- The DoR should be able to communicate and work well with research team and other related staff and contribute to a relaxed and vibrant research environment and work- culture.
- The job holder should have excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to prioritize his/her workload and show initiative.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL POSITIONS:
Interested applicants should submit the following in addition to a printed application letter:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current and latest posts and job responsibilities/educational qualification (WITH DATES)
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates and other documents
- Names of three (3) referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Salary expectation and other benefits
- Applications should reach the following address not later than December 18, 2018
THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
PMB STATE HOUSE
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW