ACCRA +233 556 660 355 SUNYANI +233 201 505 489 BOLGATANGA +233 201 505 407
Software Freedom Day (SFD) is an annual grassroots effort to educate the public on the virtues of Free/Open Source Software and also to encourage its use. The event is intended to create opportunities and add value to Ghana's economy by enhancing business growth and competitiveness through the use of Open Source Technology.
SFD 2021 is organised by the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT (AITI-KACE) and the Linux (Accra) User Group Ghana (LUGG) with support from UNICEF and the Digital Public Goods Alliance (DPGA).
Activities to take place and issues to be discussed during the celebration include:
- Adoption of open source for national development – Country experiences.
- Workshop on installation of Linux distributions.
- Exhibition of open source software projects.
- Public awareness on impact of open source technology on Ghana's growth.
- Harnessing open source (especially social media, mobile solutions, e-learning etc.) to achieve organisational objectives.
Date (Main event): Saturday 18th September 2021